Dear Mum, as promised, here’s my Christmas list…
1. A top to wear with jeans. Not cropped. (Not as young as I used to be).
2. Good quality tights. Should probably try a size medium, small ones keep falling down.
3. Socks. Black please. Can’t bear to spend my own money on something so boring.
4. Jumper. Not itchy. Put it up to your face to test it; if you get a rash, don’t buy it.
5. Knickers. Full cheek coverage please. Too cold and old for thongs.
6. Gloves to go with that scarf you gave me Christmas 2012 – can send photo if you don’t remember.
7. Woolly hat that will not give me hat hair – so not too tight or cone-like.
8. Fancy top I can wear out to dinner but that will also look nice with a cardigan if nippy.
9. Purse. Must be strong and have room for lots of receipts and loyalty cards. No smaller than a brick.
10. Winter dress for work – not so hot that I’ll pass out on the tube but warm enough to stop me getting piles. (Good luck with that).
11. Book by that woman we saw on This Morning that we both thought had nice hair. Will text if remember name or title.
12. Pyjamas. No animals please. Am newly married; too soon for full penguin coverage (sadly).
13. Hand cream. Large. Nothing that smells like ice cream (always end up tasting it and is always gross).
14. Good pen. Am serious writer, need serious tools.
15. Banana guard. Keep ruining handbags. (Will unwrap in private to avoid childish giggling).
Things I do not need:
– Umbrellas. Am overrun.
– Towels. Is like B&B round here.
– DVDs. Netflix innit.
– Jewellery. My necklace stand keeps falling over in the night and frightening us.
– Scarves. Got about 30 but still just the one neck.
Thanks v much. See you for Christmas! x
P.S Please don’t forget to get lots of Pringles. All flavours. (Don’t worry, I’ll take any leftovers home).